Pretty Little Things for Summer
- Gold plated brass
All Merewif gold plated jewelry is 100% brass with sterling silver ear posts beneath the gold plate. They use a much thicker gold plate than the industry standard, and once the pieces are plated, a protective finish is added to prolong the life of the gold plate. There is no nickel in any of their materials. Merewif's gold plated jewelry should hold it’s plating for years if the wearer takes proper care of the piece (see below).Jewelry Care
To prolong the life of your gold plated and gold filled pieces, we recommend removing your jewelry when doing the following:
- swimming (chlorine and salt can affect plating over time), showering or washing your hands
- applying lotions, oils, perfumes, etc.
- cleaning, especially with harsh chemicals
- rings when getting a manicure and necklaces/earrings when having hair treated
- Do not use jewelry cleaner on plated items. You can polish these pieces with a damp cloth.
About The Brand
Merewif derives its name from an Old English term for sea witch. It is an innovative yet wearable collection of handmade jewelry, taking a strong influence from the alchemist elements of the sea. Every piece is designed on the Southeast coast of North Carolina and handcrafted in the United States.