gold plated brass ring
- 6mm black onyx
- 1mm band thickness
- face of ring : 8mm x 10mm
- 6mm genuine black onyx
- handmade in USA
All Merewif gold plated jewelry is 100% brass with sterling silver ear posts beneath the gold plate. They use a much thicker gold plate than the industry standard, and once the pieces are plated, a protective finish is added to prolong the life of the gold plate. There is no nickel in any of the materials. Their gold plated jewelry should hold it’s plating for years if the wearer takes proper care of the piece (see below).
To prolong the life of your gold plated and gold-filled pieces, they recommend removing your jewelry when doing the following:
- Swimming, showering or washing your hands
- Applying lotions, oils, perfumes, etc.
- Cleaning, especially with harsh chemicals
- Rings when getting a manicure and necklace/earrings when having hair treated
Do not use jewelry cleaner on plated items. You can polish these pieces with a damp cloth.