WHAT ARE THEY ALL ABOUT
New York-based designer and Parsons grad Danielle Amato officially debuted Hudson George in Spring 2017.
Dani can speak at length about her frustrations with the fashion industry, particularly, the deceptions that consumers are faced with and the misuse of the terms “sustainable” or “ethical.” These frustrations are what motivated her to develop a lifestyle brand based on these fundamental principles:
- Develop and produce beautiful garments using only reclaimed materials.
- Foster the American heritage of exquisite craftsmanship.
- Synchronize mindful fabrications and sophisticated details in each limited edition keepsake to complement those with a multifarious sense of style.
- Cultivate respectful and compassionate relationships with customers and employees - as these relationships are invaluable.
- Seek the significance of empowerment, guidance, time and progress, effort and dedication, and mistakes and failures.
Hudson George is focused on small batch production — releasing limited numbers of a new design every few weeks. In every HG purchase the wearer is not only supporting fair local labor but also making small strides towards positive ethical and environmental changes, evolving or refashioning our mindsets through intentional living.
WHY WE CARRY THEM
This premier collection is undeniably a labor of love! Staple pieces crafted with exquisite care makes pairing with vintage, (our daily routine!) that much more special. The goal is to encourage others to be more mindful, listen to intuition, and appreciate the significance in "American Made Ethical Fashion" as told by Danielle - and we couldn't agree more! We will be offering Hudson George for a limited time through our exclusive online pop-up, use code: ECHOCHIC to save 20% OFF on your HG purchase at Preservation through February.
- Images, fabric swatches, color stories, and vintage pieces are collected on an inspiration board and sketched into ideas on paper.
- Leftover scrap fabric is draped to bring illustrations to life.
- Each piece goes through two to three rounds of fittings.
- Once the fit is approved, each pattern piece is graded and double-checked for accuracy.
- Warehouses and mills are endlessly scoured for the perfect roll of fabric and trim to complement the garment’s design. The most luxurious designer pre-consumer waste or “deadstock” is brought back to our studio in New York.
- Next, each limited edition piece is hand cut and sewn with precision in our local fair labor studio.
- Each garment undergoes a detailed inspection by Dani to which she personally packages every garment in a reusable fabric envelope.
- HG’s development process reflects a standard for traditional excellence and affirms a commitment to sustainability. HG firmly believes that being “eco-friendly” is no longer an optional approach or should be viewed as a trend. Any material of “fashion” should inherently be produced sustainably. Every step is strictly monitored in the production process so that all garments are made conscientiously.
Shop Hudson George online at Preservation | Read More to learn details about Hudson George provided by HudsonGeorge.com